Sunday, March 31, 2013

Long journey- My week of discoveries

I write this post from Ayutthaya, the ancient capital of Thailand where I am since yesterday.
My final destination is a place called Chiang Rai, where I'll spend 5weeks in a special centre dedicated to meditation/yoga and mindfulness.
I have much to say and i don't know where to start.
Yes first: I love the sun, i love the heat! Going from a snowy Amsterdam with 2degrees Celsius on Friday to this 33degrees Celsius, and incredible heat is quite overwhelming for the body but i still prefer to be sweating than to be freezing. It is just this thing that SUN makes me smile, makes me feel in a good mood, healthy, full of life.Maybe it is more contact with the environment around, the wind, the sun they all touch one's skin more, with less clothes on. Same thing for walking with open shoes or flip-flops, you feel a better contact with the ground.
So i have started the project of "one picture a day"on my twitter and have uploaded the first picture
(today indeed).
Thai people inspire me for their easiness and joy, they smile often, they laugh and joke often.
Even if they don't speak so good English, they manage to communicate and make you understand and understand quite well what you are saying.
And I finally tried that fresh coconut juice today, aaah delicious!


No comments: